Green is in, and not only in spring. Under marketing pressure, however, the “eco-friendly” or “natural” aspect of a product may upstage the presence of endocrine disrupters and excipients (which companies do not warn about on labels). ULTRA believes in ULTRA transparency: forewarned is forearmed.
Trust and greenwashing
As soon as “natural” became a selling point, traditional industry products were toted as having “plant-based” virtues or “organic” ingredients, even if percentages were minute and not always verifiable*.
Greenwashing has made consumers understandably wary of the beauty industry.
At ULTRA we do what we say: our natural and organic formulas are made from pure, ULTRA effective, and vegan ingredients, and do not contain substances that are harmful to human health.
ULTRA has developed a line of essential products for you to use easily, freely and intelligently.
*According to a September 2018 IFOP survey of 1,047 women in France: even though “cost remains the main obstacle to the use of organic or natural cosmetics (...), respondents were wary of the true “natural” aspect of products (40%), compounded by the numerous and vague certifications or labels, as seen in the recent controversy regarding the ISO 16128 standard”.
Our history also has a natural feel
We became aware that behind their marketing veneer, few market brands were fully transparent.
As a result, seven years ago we launched a project and set up an independent laboratory to revolutionise the beauty industry. Our best ingredient is our project’s premise and firm belief: the purer the components, the more positive effects they will have on your skin.
Local networks, natural cycles
From our active vegan ingredients to our bottles, everything, and we mean everything, is traceable, clean and green. No outside interference, no third parties, no empty promises and sales overkill. ULTRA also means ULTRA direct delivery. From us to you. And vice versa.
ULTRA guarantees can be checked (just ask us, we know exactly what we put in our bottles):
- Natural preservation – no plastic and no contact with ambient germs – ensures a total lack of chemicals, which are efficient to preserve formulas but harmful to your health. ULTRA products do not contain endocrine disrupters*.
- Our natural and organic raw materials are the best on the market: using life-changing premium components is a more cost-effective strategy than using advertising campaigns to compensate for a lack of transparency.
- Our products are vegan.
- They are guaranteed cruelty-free, and certified by PETA and The Vegan Society. They comply with ISO 16128 guidelines.
- Our aim is not to sell more by putting the same ingredients in differently packaged products. We have developed one single day cream, one single night cream and 5 specific serums** that you can mix and match according to your needs (not ours).
- We use local production and distribution networks. The planet cannot complain (not about us anyway). And as soon as you have tested our products, you can talk about effectiveness from experience. No third parties, just you and us.
*According to the World Health Organisation, “an endocrine disruptor is an exogenous substance or mixture that alters function(s) of the endocrine system and consequently causes adverse health effects in an intact organism, or its progeny, or (sub)populations”. The French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM - Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale) includes “parabens, the preservatives used in cosmetics” in its list of endocrine disrupters and highlights “the complex ‘cocktail effect’ of endocrine disrupters”.